Patent Attorney (Of Counsel), graduated engineer
European Trade Mark and Design Attorney
Jochen Maxton advises clients in all fields of industrial property law. His practice as a patent attorney is focused on trademark law and in particular on the prosecution of worldwide trademark filings and management of international trademark portfolios including acting against product piracy e.g. in Indonesia. He is specialized in conducting searches in international trademark issues and has successfully run numerous oppositions, trademark refusal and infringement procedures in Germany and abroad for domestic clients as well as for foreign enterprises. Additionally, Jochen Maxton is regularly attending international conferences and is traveling abroad to meet our highly qualified international colleagues at their law firms for networking and to strengthen our cooperations and start new cooperations for the benefit of both our clients. Additionally, he is advising start-ups and social entrepreneurs for the start-up ecosystem in North Rhine-Westphalia and Cologne.
- Mechanical engineering studies at the RWTH Aachen University focused on manufacturing technology and production technology, graduated as a qualified engineer.
- Patent Attorney training at the patent and trademark law firm of Maxton Langmaack & Partner in Cologne and at the German Patent and Trademark Office and the Federal Patent Court in Munich as well as at the Düsseldorf Regional Court with Prof. Dr. Meyer-Beck.
- From 1999 to September 2014 patent attorney (partner) at the patent and trademark law firm of Maxton Langmaack & Partner.
- Subsequently working in the law firms Lippert, Stachow & Partner, Bungartz Christophersen & Partner and MAXTON IP.
- Since May 2016 Of Counsel at Geskes Patent- und Rechtsanwälte.
- Due to his education in engineering and his activities for clients, Jochen Maxton has a profound knowledge of general engineering, in particular in the areas of manufacturing technology, automotive engineering, material and heat technology, metal processing, automotive supply industry and transport technology as well as footwear manufacturing.
- Board member of the "Vereinigung Nordrheinwestfälischer Patentanwälte e.V."
- Delegate of the "Bundesverband Deutscher Patentanwälte e.V."
- Member in the German Association for Industrial Property and Copyright (GRUR), AIPPI, UNION-ip, FICPI, and INTA.