Attorney-at-Law (Of Counsel)
Holger Grauel is involved in all fields of industrial property rights and acts as legal advisor and forensic lawyer especially in trademark, unfair competition, IT and copyright matters. He appears in court in injunction and law suits. Moreover, he is active in the fields of product liability law and general commercial law.
- Law studies and several semesters of studies in economy at the Universities of Saarbrücken, Bonn and Paris.
- Licensed attorney (Focus: national and European economic law) since 1974.
- 1972 to 1974 Executive assistant at the Europe Institute, University of Saarbrücken.
- 1974 to 1983 Counsel with the Federation of German Industries (BDI).
- 1986 to 1996 CEO of the Federation of German Wholesale and Foreign Trade (BGA).
- 1994 to 1996 General representative of a medium-sized group of companies.
- 1996 to 2000 CEO of the Association of the branded goods industry (Trade Mark Association)
- 1974 to December 2013 practicing in his own law office.
- Since December 2013 Chairman of the Board of a management consulting company (AG).
- Since January 2014 Of Counsel at Geskes Patent- und Rechtsanwälte.
Related Activities and Publications
- Advisor in the field of business law at home and abroad, on behalf of the German Federal Government and the EU Commission, GD Domestic Market.
- Seminars and Symposia about trademark law.
- Member / correspondent in the Committees on Industrial Property Rights and Unfair Competition of GRUR and ECTA.
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the German Economy for issues of unfair competition.
- Co-initiator of the German Economy Association against Piracy and Counterfeiting (APM), as Vice Chairman until 2002.
- Until 2009, lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg for the lecture course "marketing law".
- Until 2002, representative of the German economy within the Legal Advisory Board of DENIC e.G.
- Co-author of the Joint Commentary on Antitrust Law such as of the Loose-leaf Commentary on Advertising Law in Practice.
- Author of about 85 publications on business law (as for example articles in various commemorative publications issued a.o. by the German Federal Patent Court).