Dr. Christoph Geskes
Patent Attorney (Owner), Ph.D., Chemistry
European Patent Attorney
European Trade Mark and Design Attorney
Dr. Christoph Geskes advises clients in law suits and in preliminary ruling proceedings before the European Court of Justice and before the Court of the European Union, as well as in trademark, design and patent infringement proceedings before the responsible courts. He has run nullity proceedings against patents in Germany successfully up to the German Federal Supreme Court. He has gained considerable experience in several court proceedings and proceedings before the patent and trademark offices at home and abroad, being handled in cooperation with local attorneys. He develops application strategies for patents, trademarks and designs, runs application procedures for patents, utility models, trademarks, and designs before the relevant offices, including even the USPTO, and supports companies in merger and acquision proceedings, including IP due diligence.
- Chemistry studies at the Universities of Cologne and Freiburg.
- Fellowship holder in a Graduates' Research Training Group of the DFG Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research Foundation) in the area of "Unpaired Electrons".
- Patent Attorney training in Stuttgart and Munich (German Patent and Trade Mark Office and Federal Patent Court) as well as at the Mannheim District Court.
- From 1999 to June 2013 (since 2000 as a partner) patent attorney at the patent and trademark law firm of Maxton Langmaack & Partner.
- Since July 2013 running his own patent and trademark law firm.
- Due to his education in natural science, Dr Geskes has a profound knowledge of general chemistry, in particular in the fields of physical chemistry and electrochemistry including the field of batteries and fuel cells, polymer chemistry, biophysics and biochemistry. He also handles patents in the field of general mechanics.
- Organisation and conduct of advisory services for inventors offered on a voluntary basis by the Patent Bar in cooperation with the Cologne Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Holding lectures on trade mark law and patent law, and education of attorney-at-laws in upgrade training courses in patent law.
- Vice Chairman of the Committee of Experts of the Cologne Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the German Association for Industrial Property and Copyright (GRUR).